Pages

BBB Christmas Edit Box 2013

Saturday 9 November 2013

Received my BBB box this morning, I know a lot of people were still waiting for theirs on Thursday so hopefully they have all been delivered by now. Sadly this sold out within hours of going live but fingers crossed we will get to see more next year.I was so excited for this as I really enjoyed the first one that was out in July. I made sure I didn't look at any posts regarding the box as I just love the surprise when opening boxes like this. 

This is basically my initial thoughts on it, I will be reviewing some of the items individually which I can't wait to try some of the items out.

Rituals Car Perfume - £10.00 from here
Mine is in Sandalwood & Copaiba, you can't really smell anything in the box so I don't know if I will like the scent or not. It works by attaching it to one of the fans in your car so when the air comes through it sends out the scent. Sadly I no longer have a car but I will see if mummy would like this in hers.
Alterna Bamboo 48 Hour Sustainable Volume Spray - £24 for full size here
I think I already have a bamboo spray but possibly from a different brand, I haven't used I yet. This spray is to be used on towel dried hair before blow drying. My only problem with hair products like these is the need to blow dry. I like to let my hair dry naturally plus it take very little time for it to actually dry. I do need some volume in my hair though so I think I will have to give it a go.
Washi! Hot Cloth - £6.55 for a pack of 7 here
A pure cotton cloth which is supposed to stay hot longer than a muslin cloth. It does feel really soft so this will be going into my rotation of face clothes. There is a 15% discount on orders using code BBB at checkout, it says valid for 14 days from when you receive your box so not sure when this ends.

 
Roger&Gallet Bois d'Orange Huile Sublime - £12 for 30ml here
A light non greasy dry oil, the scent is quite nice considering orange is not something I would go for. I tried this on the back of my hand and it sank in straight away, I hate oils that just sit on the skin. This will be nice for when it's too cold for lotion plus I probably won't need to wait around for it to sink in before getting dressed.
L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream - £8 here 
I've not used anything from L'Occitane before but this smells lovely. Hand cream is a year round staple in my bag or by my bed so it's always a bonus when it smells good.
Mandara Spa Tropical Blooms Softening Bath Milk - £5 here
A mixture of jasmine, ylang ylang, sweet almond and star flower. This smells good, I can see it being a nice addition to my baths. I've not tried a bath milk before as I love a lot of bubbles so it will be interesting to see how it compares to good old bubble bath.


CND Vinylux Nail Polish & Top Coat - £8.95 per bottle here (I couldn't find this duo)
I got the colour Tropix which is quite a bright pink colour along with the clear top coat. This polish should last a week once applied so I will be interested to see if it actually does. I use a computer every day which usually leads to chipping quicker then normal so it will be put to the test.


 Maybelline Rocket Mascara - £7.99 here
One mascara I've not tried, I used to use the Colossal which was good so I have higher expectations for this one. I'll be saving this for when my Benefit one has run out.
Bourjois Eyeliner - £5.99 here
On the pencil I have shade 16 Ebene & Argent but can't see this on Boots or the Bourjois website so I'm not sure. Basically a black liner and a silver highlighter for the inner corners or a liner by itself. The silver feels creamy so it should be a nice one to wear. It gives a 16 hour wear time so we shall see.


Rouge Bunny Gleaming Temptations Lip Gloss - £15.35 here
My shade is Blameless which on the website describes it as a 'your lips but better shade' and I agree this is a very nice nude shade. Being pale I find some nudes don't suit me but this isn't too dark so as long as it isn't a sticky gloss this should be a nice one to wear everyday.


Urban Decay Moondust Eye shadow - £14 here
This is in the shade Zodiac which is a beautiful green with what looks like multi coloured shimmers through it. I love Urban Decay eye shadows as the pigmentation is amazing and the shadow is so soft. I think this will go really well with my brown eyes and just in time for a festive look.


L'Occitane Angelica Cleansing Gel & Toner - £16 each here & here
I like to use a toner after a face mask just to make sure all of it has been removed so this will be put to use straight away. Cleansing gel I will put with my current stash as I seem to have acquired quite a few! These smell very fresh so probably a good one for morning time.


REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask & Invisible Pores Detox Mask - £30 & £18 here
I'm looking forward to trying both of these, targeting blackheads and pores around my nose. I've tried other masks aimed at clearing out blackheads but they've never really worked so I've got my fingers crossed on at least one of these banishing them.


Indeed Labs Hydraluron - £24.99 here
An intense moisture boosting serum which has proven to be quite popular in the beauty world so with the colder weather pretty much already here this will be a good one to add to the skin care routine.


La Roche-Posay Redermic (R) Dermatological Anti-Wrinkle Treatment - £18.66 here
Designed for sensitive skin this is probably a suit all product. Even though I don't have wrinkles the also claims to even out skin tone so I will give it a try to see if this makes my skin look better.


Vichy Idealia Smoothing  & Illuminating Cream - £22 here
This one is for normal to combination skin which suits me perfectly. They also do one for dry so one for all skin types. Again a product for wrinkles and an even skin tone but this one also helps give a natural radiance which is always needed in winter.


Finally there was a little stocking in the box which is so cute, I will definitely be using this for someones Christmas gift.

This box cost £22 with £5.95 P&P and is approximately worth £150. A mixture of full size and trial size this is definitely a good way to try out a lot of brands and new products. Both BBB boxes have not disappointed and I think it's such a good way to try out beauty bloggers favourite products. Thank you British Beauty Blogger for arranging these boxes, I look forward to trying them all out!



 
 
Ciao




   

1 comment: